Old 08-10-2011, 09:40 AM
Barb44

Originally Posted by Grama Lehr
Sorry to say. . . . . but it makes sense. :roll:
Can you tell me why they have to raise gasoline cost on a daily basis? That gas is already processed, and every company reaps millions in revenue.
Some places get gas delivered every day or every other day. Each load costs more so we are forced to raise the price. Do you realize that your local gas station/convenience store only makes a few cents on each gallon sold? That is before expenses. How many gallons of gas do you think a station has to sell to pay cashiers, maintenance people, utilities, building loans, equipment repair, etc? You can't make money selling gas. Any money they make comes from inside store sales - food, snacks, pop and beer. And the last statistics I saw said that major oil companies had a net profit of less than 5%.

I am the bookkeeper at a convenience store/gas station and I have to figure out every day how to pay the bills. I get a little tired of people thinking we are getting rich and gouging the public.

The same principle applies to gas or any product a store is selling as applies to the cost of fabric explained in the OP.

ETA: And we have to pay for a load of gas when we get it. If we sold the last tank for $10,000 and the next load is $12,000, where do you get the other $2,000? It is the same for the fabric stores.