Thread: Charity Quilts
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 10:34 AM
seweasy

I love the work I'm doing, sewing/quilting for preemie babies in the NICU's of our area hospitals. I sew with the group called Threads of Love. Sometimes I'm working on quilts(30" approx.) or I'm working on baby shirts and burp pads. The shirts are made so the nurses can dress a baby easily, not something that has to go over the baby's head and little warmer than the knit shirts the hospitals use.
The quilts are the most fun to work on because its something that the baby gets to use once they're able to come out of the isolettes and can be held by their parents. And the parents get to keep the quilts, so its something special for them too. It shows them that there are people who care and pray for their babies.
I don't use fabric from LQS because I can't afford that fabric anyway but do try to make the quilts as cute as I can, something I would make for my own grandchildren. Probably spend more sewing for the little ones than I do anything else but wouldn't have it any other way. Suppose its my way of saying thank you for three healthly gk's and one on the way. Chris