Thread: Charity Quilts
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 11:29 AM
wildyard

I think of it this way. No matter what kind of quilt I am making, I do my best as far as the "quality" of my work I put into it. Whether it's keeping someone warm in an alley or on a dialysis table, I don't want it falling apart on them. My choices of fabric might be different, and the level of skill I employ might be different, but the love in my heart is the same while I am making the quilt, no matter who it is for. If it's for family, it's love because they are part of my blood and life. If it's someone sleeping in an alley, it's love because they are part of someone else's blood and perhaps I can contribute some small warmth in a cold life, they need my love more than I need to keep it. If it's someone dealing with an illness or other major life disruption, it's love because I can make and give something that will perhaps give some small comfort in a day of trials. I have a heart full of love that never gets used up as long as I keep giving it away. That's what I hope everyone who gets a quilt that I made feels most of all, because that's what I put into it more than anything else. :D