View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 12:35 PM
janallyn

i have a rag quilt started, but it is not so far that i cannot stop, it is made of shirt cambray, i cut 20 inch blocks one on top of the other, layered three together,no batting, different colors and stipes, sewed in all together in a random back and forth straight pattern, zig zaggy pattern, but a straight stitch 12 to the inch, now my plan is to then cut them in four pieces and sew them together, i am trying to explain and do not think i am doing a good job. but am trying, after they are random sewn in straight lines, i cut them apart in four pieces (acurrate but not too important), and i have 4 ten inch squares, then i take the squares and sew them togehter, they do not have to be perfect, just sewn, and stop half inch from the corners of each square, back stitch and make sure they are secure, my plan is to bias bind it, prior to washing, and then wash the heck out of it, at the laundry mat, and wash and dry again. the binding will be double sewn, with no raw edges, and i washed and dried the fabric three times to reduce shrinking, i just want it to fray. sorry, but it is a plan and want thoughts for my plan, the front hopefully will have the frayed rag look and the back will be mostly flat, comments