View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

The last couple days I've been searching fabrics websites trying to find the perfect black and orange fabrics for a Nightmare Before Christmas-esque quilt. Since it was more inspired by Halloween Town (which has a lot of texture) I'm trying to find things with prints like uneven swirls, crosshatching, tree rings, irregular lines, etc. Oh, I can find these kinds of fabrics in black and even in a lot of other colors. But not orange. You would think if you found that fabric in every other color certainly you'd find orange.

But I've noticed orange fabrics in general seem scarce. I typed in the keyword "orange" or searched through all the fabrics by color. Maybe got a handful of pages to search through at best whereas I can get dozens of pages to look through when looking for black fabrics. An eBay search on "orange quilting fabrics" and using the "by the yard" filter only yielded 303 results...and to be honest a lot of them weren't even orange (had orange in them, but I wouldn't call them an orange fabric). Even in the Halloween fabrics lines didn't have much to offer.

Is orange just a really hard color to find?