Thread: Charity Quilts
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Carol's Quilts

I heartily agree with just about everything that's been said except for those who think "it's just for charity" is an excuse for doing careless, shoddy work and using crappy fabric that's not good for anything but the trash. I don't care if the quilt I donate goes to a child who throws up on it or a baby who wets on it or a homeless person who sleeps in an alley and lives out of a grocery cart. What I do care about is that I've done the best I can do and put a lot of thought and effort into the quilt, just as I would do for my family, I care that I'm proud of my work, happy to give it and fulfill a need for someone, somewhere. I realize that the recipient may not appreciate the work that went into my quilt, but that doesn't matter. If the person is going through a rough patch in life, whether he or she is big, little, poor, homeless,sick or whatever, perhaps my quilt will give a little comfort and warmth, and if that person thinks the quilt is pretty or nice, so much the better. That's all I'm after. That's why I make charity quilts - helping someone. Isn't that what it's all about?