View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 02:34 AM
Yarn or Fabric

We have a small guild here in town - we also have a huge one as well that I felt was too impersonal so I started a small guild.

It is less than a year old but we are starting to get pretty active.

We are having Sewing Saturdays where you can bring a project and sew. Right now it is held at our clubhouse in my neighborhood but we're moving so the Sewing Saturday is going to have to move too. We might move it to one of our local fabric stores that will rent out the room and we'll split the cost of it to attend.

We are also going to start having a workshop every other month or so. We're all going to work on the same project together and see how everyone's look when we are all done. It should be really fun. Our first one will be in September.

At every meeting one of us will demo a tool, ruler, shortcut to a quilt block, etc. It has been very popular so far... although last month my Lazy and Lovin' it demo went sour lol. I had no problems making my block at home but in person I just floundered! It's okay. It was my first flop. I'll try to redeem myself with the square in a square ruler demo for September or October. Sadly right now I'm about the only one who does demos but on occasion someone else does.