View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 05:14 AM
oldcottontop

Good morning to all.

Yesterday was a good day (stayed within my alotted calories and did my exercise) until I was cleaning up the kitchen after dinner when I realized I was wofling down soda crackers and butter (which is like potatoe chips to me) telling myself "these taste so good." I was putting the whole cracker in my mouth at once, not just taking small bites. When I was about to pop the 8th one in my mouth, I looked at it and told myself "this will taste just as good tomorrow". I put it down finished cleaning the kitchen and didn't have my beloved 1/2 cup of ice cream I treat myself with each night.

Now I have to figure out why I started eating those crackers in the first place. I am an emotional eater and when things start going a little off balance, I start to eat. The day went good, no problems. Only thing I can think of that might have triggered this food binge is I booked my flight for my trip to Seattle in Oct. I am orignally from Seattle and have taken this trip many, many times so don't understand why it could be that. But anyway, I realized what I was doing and, hopefully, didnt do too much damage with my weight loss. I have only been weighing once a week and I was tempted to step on the scales this morning but was afraid that it might show a gain and that would set me off again.

My day will be good today. There are some quilts that are on display at one of our libraries and my quilt guild are meeting there, then having lunch afterwards. These ladies are alway so much fun to be with, it will brighten my day up.

Ya'll have a wonderful and blessed day.