View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 06:30 AM
AUQuilter

After hiding for a few weeks researching estate planning attorneys, I would hire one to work with my attorney who did our wills and such. I would want to make sure there was money going to my church and college alma mater. Like many of you, I would get the dream "sewing room" but I would hire a LA (on retainer). I would help some relatives with financial issues now - like those sending kids to school but I would not bail them out or pay off their homes. I would set it up so that my in laws would get a monthly income for life- just to ease their minds. I would set up plans for some relatives to have lifetime income when they retire. I would be generous once a year on a monthly rotation for random giving to relatives- not just at Christmas. I would frequent stores and pass out money especially near Senior neighborhoods and military bases. I would spend some of my time finding buyouts of food and clothing to give to the food banks and I would send my husband out to see car dealers who could provide used cars to people who need them to go to work. See that is why I would want the LA on retainer so I have time to do those charitable things and still quilt. We can all dream!