Old 11-25-2007, 09:50 AM
patricej
Administrator

you should see two sets of lines on the templates. the outside is to cut along. the inside lines are to sew on.

if you don't see two sets of lines, you may have forgotten to click the "advanced" button before you printed in adobe acrobat reader. you need to put a checkmark next to "print as image" and select the highest resolution your printer offers.

you can make your hexagons any size you want. print the templates on paper. use your rotary ruler to add as much as you want outside each cutting line. (just don't forget to move the sewing line, too. :lol: :lol: )

i forgot to add two things to the supplies list:
- put in a new needle. a sharp needle makes a LOT of difference when machine stitiching hexagons - or anything else the involves Y-seams.
- straight pints.
- seam ripper

for those who CAN count, i forgot three. :oops: :lol: :shock:

you won't hurt my feelings, ruth, if you don't try digging this garden. feel free to just watch and laugh along with us as we plant our flowers. but i believe you ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY CAN do it if you just take your time and have a little faith in yourself. we aren't going to be taking fancy-shmancy uberquilter steps, here. very simple, basic. and i'll be giving detailed tips each step of the way.