Old 08-11-2011, 08:21 AM
collady

My grandmother was thrilled to get a sewing machine. Her quilts were hand-pieced before that machine, but machine pieced after. She still hand quilted because she loved to relax and quilt at night after all her work was done. I cherish both the machine pieced and the hand pieced quilts equally. I have hand pieced and now machine piece. I have hand quilted and machine quilt and send out to a LA. I doubt that those who receive my quilts think any less of them because I have mastered the mechanical world than if I had only done them by hand. I have too many quilts bouncing around in my brain that need to get out to only hand piece. I just don't have the time. Anyone who would refuse a gift of love over such a silly technicality as machine vs, hand pieced doesn't deserve the quilt. Besides most quilts are made to be used, not put in a closet or on a shelf for sometime in the future. I love making and giving quilts. So, for the most part I will continue to machine piece and keep making quilts.