Old 08-11-2011, 01:43 PM
Rachelcb80

I have done very little work with fusibles and just this week used Wonder Under for the first time. I've used a soft fuse type product before and it was very easy to work with but didn't hold the edges of the fabric as much as I would have liked. There was still more fraying than I cared for. So for my current project I opted for Wonder Under. I followed the directions which are simple enough, 5-8 seconds with the iron on the wrong side of the fabric, peel paper and fuse to other fabric. The problem was peeling the paper off. When I first did all my fusing the 5-8 seconds obviously wasn't enough because when I tried to peel the paper the fusible came off with it instead of sticking to the fabric. I put the iron to it for about 10 more seconds and that made the fusible stick to the fabric but it was a battle to get the paper peeled back. I really had to mangle the corner to get the paper started peeling. The corners didn't matter for this project but I can't imagine if the whole shape was something I was going to use and one part was all picked at where I had to peel back the paper.

Is this typical with a fusible, did I get a bad batch or was it operator error?