View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Eri

I quilt in chunks--some weeks I'll quilt for several days straight 10+ hours a day, hopping between projects that catch my fancy and ignoring the entire rest of my life.

...Then I remember that I have actual work to do in order to pay the bills, and wander into my office for a month and despite looking longingly at my design board and the piles of squares my cats are furring up, I try to exercise some self-control. :)

I always get this idea that maybe I can set up a schedule and quilt for an hour a day while working on a single project... sometimes I even set the kitchen timer for an hour--but then it goes off and I think, "I'll just finish pressing this fabric." And then I finish the fabric and think, "If I leave it out on the table, the cats will sit on it; if I fold it, I'll have to press it again... I'll just cut it up." And that leads to the thought, "Well, I don't want to just leave the cut pieces, what if they get lost in my chaos? I'll just sew them together..." And suddenly it's 3:00 a.m. and it's back into another week of quilting 10 hours a day!

It's always cause for celebration when I manage to finally get the last stitch sewn in the binding of one of my UFOs... it means I can work again! :P