Old 08-11-2011, 06:12 PM
deplaylady

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Originally Posted by tomilu
Originally Posted by deplaylady
I had a nice surprise today - my shopgoodwill package arrived a day early so I have a new green machine! It runs really nice!
Looks like it survived shipping and the base seems good as well. Congrats!
I love your 'new' 185. They are adorable machines, aren't they. Would you share how it was wrapped? I just got a machine today (eBay) and the machine came partway out of the base, during shipment, and is stuck tight at one of the hinges. A couple of weeks ago I bought a machine from Billy and he did an awesome job :thumbup: of packing it. It's a pink Atlas and must weigh 500 lbs :shock: The way Billy packed it, it didn't budge an inch!!
Well, it certainly wasn't packed as well as Billy would pack it, but it wasn't as bad as my FW was packed that I got from eBay. I call the goodwill before I paid to ask how they would pack it. They did pretty good - bubble wrap around the foot pedal, around the machine, bubble wrap, inside box, peanuts (hate peanuts!), outside box. My FW came shipped in just it's put into a slightly larger box and sealed - that was it. Not pretty: ( Broken glass from light everywhere inside(when I got it opened) - spool holder almost poked through lid, one latched locked closed. They did refund shipping.