View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 06:49 PM
Rosyhf

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn
Do you have a BRICK FLOOR? How cool is that?!?! and I love the blocks too!!

Yes I do have a brick floor in my studio but it isn't real brick lol...I painted those bricks years ago.

Long story short: It was a rough cement floor from an outside patio. My bro enclosed it years later for my studio. I had vinyl on it but the cement just ate it up every time.

On day I was wanting to get rid of some old acrylic paint. I used some large veggies trays and just poured color on them. I used a patio paint and basecoated the floor three times first and let it cure for 24 hours after each coat. Then I dipped the sponge in the thick paint and pressed down the bricks, letting some of the cream underpainting show between the bricks.

I could only do 1/4 of the room at one time. After I finished and of course 24 house to cure time. I varnished with about 4 coats of varnish, using a paint roller.

I flyspecked the entire floor when I got done. that means that I sprinkled a dark color from a bristle brush like small specks.

then I got tired of the small brick and made a huge square brick out of the sponge
[ATTACH=CONFIG]240343[/ATTACH]

and then I did more stuff hahaha
[ATTACH=CONFIG]240344[/ATTACH]

This is how it started and it 1/4 of the floor
[ATTACH=CONFIG]240346[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-240337.jpe   attachment-240338.jpe   attachment-240340.jpe