View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 04:13 AM
wannaquilt1

Originally Posted by JanTx
How fun! When I started quilting last year my daughter discovered that I did know how to sew. All of her growing up life we took things to Memaw when they needed fixing. So when I dug out the old sewing machine she was amazed and asked if I could sew curtains. Well, yes, I could so ... new drapes for her bedroom and my grandson's too. Well, if I could do that my son could have new ones for his bedroom, too. This summer I made new ones for her living room. THEN I thought ... hmmmmm... maybe I don't have to keep these 20 year old out-of-style things in that spare bedroom. So sewed some for ME! The sky's the limit, now! You go , Girl .. and so will I. :)

A fun note: the day I finished my daughter's living room curtains they were having a neighborhood barbecue. I found out later that all the wives ended up trooping back to her house to admire her new curtains. I had already told her if anyone asked to tell them they couldn't possibly afford me! But ... my smile stayed planted on my face for a long time after that.
wow that's awesome! Isn't it a great feeling to make something that people admire? Did you put rings on any of the curtains? I made a rod pocket for the kitchen ones I just made but I'm thinking rings might open and close really nicely in the living room but I don't know how to do it. Do I just make button holes?