View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 05:19 AM
Ps 150

Originally Posted by happyscrappy
i have made literally hundreds of diapers. for the newborn size i used a disposable as the pattern. you can either use velcro or similar closures, or diaper pins. joanns or hancock sell diaper pins. for the fabric, i have used flannel - which i love because there is such an adorable variety. basically you can use any fabric. if you use a poly blend for the inner fabric (closest to the skin) the baby will stay drier and goes right through to the soaker pad. google "pocket diapers" because on those you dry the soaker pad separately. i have made them with COTTON batting with flannel on the outside, or you can use those micro fiber wash cloths. walgreens sells them inexpensively, then just triple fold them for the soaker. if you google homemade cloth diapers, there is loads out there. my favorite is the "rita rump pocket". very easy to make. there is also a fabric called PUL which you can make the diaper covers with. hancock sells white only but it is a thicker mil. joanns sells a variety of pretty colors, but it is not as good. by the way, look up PUL on the web too. companys sell the thicker stuff in colors. have fun, especially fun to make holiday diapers!
I could not find PUL through Joann's. But, they did have iron on vinyl that you iron onto fabric. Do you think that would work?