Old 08-12-2011, 06:34 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Hi all,

I posted this as a concept a few days ago and have now completed the applique layout. I got the placement of the pieces by pressing fold lines in the background fabric, horizontal, vertical and diagonal. I also measured back to the centre with my 24" ruler to check that I was staying on track and measured between every piece to see they were equidistant apart in each section. Finally, I studied the digital photos and made some minor adjustments by eye - at the end of the day, if it doesn't look right to my eye, I don't care what the ruler says! If anyone sees any glaring oopsies, PLEASE post as it's just stuck on at the moment, not yet ironed in place. Once that is done, I will have the gargantuan task of zig zagging around every piece! :shock:

On the original thread, I posted details of how I got to this stage, in case anyone is interested in having a go. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-143084-1.htm There is discussion about how I did this throughout the thread but most of the information is in my original post and at the end of page 2. :-D

All the black background spaces will be embellished with FMQ and then I'll probably add some beads by hand as well. This is destined to be a wall hanging, in fact it's something of an experiment as I have a possible commission to make a new altar cloth for the village church and the lady liked this idea... :-D

Thanks for looking and for any comments, ideas and suggestions. :-D

The pattern for the applique - my own design, drawn directly onto Steam a Seam
[ATTACH=CONFIG]240495[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-240488.jpe   attachment-240489.jpe