Old 08-12-2011, 03:12 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Originally Posted by miriam
We for sure have to do something about all the poison weeds. There is about a half acre - I think there was just grass when we bid on the house.... I've wondered about getting a herd of goats for a while.
Miriam; Goats might do the trick and they're mostly eco-friendly except that they eat everything. If there's something you want to save, do so before goats arrive. :) Ask me how I know!
My DD has some goats for milking. She says in the spring we can have all the billy goats we want. We will have to contain them - The fence isn't secure all the way around - a few cattle panels might help. There is a little barn we haven't looked into yet. It is surrounded by weeds. We will have to surround some big trees with fencing to keep the goats from killing them too. The yard has something coming up and blooming all summer long. Someone was a gardener. The trouble is the poison ivy and Virginia creeper is in the mix. We have learned to keep soap handy and use it when we are there.

Is there a poison ivy or a Virginia creeper quilt block pattern? Maybe free motion the edge...

Oh I have to tell you all about why my DGD said... They keep goats for milking. Every spring they have kid goats. Well, DD told the girls that they would keep the female goats for milking but the males would be turned into tasty sausages and they could eat them. This was so they wouldn't get attached I guess. Well, DD is pregnant. I got a call from DGD, "Grandma, the doctor taked a picture of Momma's belly. Do you know there was a baby boy in there? But we aren't going eat Momma's baby boy." DD had to xplain that one in a hurry...