Old 08-12-2011, 05:35 PM
BCM's Mom

Originally Posted by gj1213
I am just returning to quilting and sewing after years of teaching first grade! I have a lovely Memory Craft 6000 (New Home; Janome) and although it works well I am excited about updating to more of a quilting machine.
I've looked at the various Bernina machines and am undecided about what I need. I will most likely be doing machine quilting but probably not a lot of embroidery.
Can someone help me with advice on what model to get? I am quite proficient and am computer savy for the most part.
I am speaking with a lady who is selling a Bernina 180E with all the attachments, cabinet, laptop (not sure I need this) and many spools of thread. She is asking $3500 for all but is open to negotiations. I want to be fair but am not sure of the value of this deal.
Thanks for any advice or direction!!
Geri
Welcome from Atlanta, Georgia. I've been quilting for a couple of years on my Janome Memory Craft 6600. I enjoy it for piecing and free motion quilting (crib to queen size), but of course, I have the bug, too. I've been researching longarm machines, and I have found there is a lot to ponder. Best thing to do is decide what kind of work you will be doing, go to your local shops to test drive various machines, and use this great quilting board for researching information. Good luck with your decision...it's a hard one and most of us have been there.