Thread: Floorcloths
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 06:06 PM
suzee

Yes, I painted five floorcloths for Christmas gifts last year and they came out great. I purchased heavy canvas on ebay that had a non-skid backing. Primed it with two coats of white latex then painted on my designs followed by five coats of urethane. I was using a can of urethane that I had on hand and it worked great. Unfortunately, I had to buy a second can and the sales clerk at the home improvement store convinced me that I needed a different product than I had used previously. The second urethane caused the floorcloth to buckle and crack and there was nothing to be done but throw it out and start over. The recommended finish is a product from Sherwin Williams called Sher-Clear. I had to special order it and it was pretty pricey, but I bought a gallon and will be painting some floorcloths for my own home once the garden is done. The designs I used were pretty simple, but I hope to attempt something more complex this fall.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-240794.jpe   attachment-240795.jpe   attachment-240796.jpe