View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 05:57 AM
emsgranny

Is it just me? I joined the local healthplex so my husband and I could "work out" and and can regain some strength in my legs.

If it wasnt bad enough that when they did a bmi (I think thats what it was called) I rated a 29.5 I was told that 30 was obese!!! Wow - I am not really ashamed to admit my weight at about 174 and I am about 5'5" and wear a size 14....Really???? OK they also said they dont go by that tooooo much since it was hard to tell.

If that wasnt enough I decided to go shopping for some comfy workout clothes - nothing fancy - you know just elastic pants and t-shirts. I went from section to section of clothing starting with t-shirts. Everything I found either was form fitting or had some kind of large picture of beach chairs large flowers or Babe written on it - The others were form fitting and so long!!! I did find some that my 75 year old mom would have worn but I am ot there yet!!!

So I had a great idea (so I thought) go to the workout section! much to my surprise those tops were even more form fitting and more expensive. If I looked good enough to wear those clothes I sure wouldnt have signed up for the program! All the outfits and coordinates looked like they would fit anyone that is in great shape, plays tennis etc not a 57 year old grandma with the middle age spread!!!

I will just have to go buy some plain t-shirts at JoAnns or Michaels and cut the bottoms off - They too are waaay too long. but maybe they will cover my belly!!!!