Old 06-08-2009, 07:47 AM
omak

Originally Posted by JANW
blzrdqueen
imagine how proud I am that my daughter who grew up thinking she was dumb (because that's the way teachers and fellow students made her feel) now has a Masters degree. The classmates and friends that always seemed to get A's while she got Ds and Fs have not gotten to the education level she has reached. So don't give up and always remind your child how smart they are. Also tell your child they only have a different way of learning. My daughter found, in college, the resources that put her on an even playing field with the rest. All her reading came on tapes because if she heard it she remembered it, but did not comprehend it by reading. she was able to use a calculator and have longer to take tests. Most often above average intelligence and you know your child. I too think our food has brought a lot of this on. I hope you found this helpfull and good luck to you and your child.
Jan
You have every right to be proud. Because you were a part in believing that your child has immense potential and went about the business of insuring the expression of that potential.
You helped her find her way, in her unique way ... and taught her that "different" does not equate to "stupid" "willful" or any number of adjectives individuals have attributed to them. Good job!