Old 06-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Jamie

My 10 yr old son was diagnost in pre school...I have been going through years and years of nothing but problems for and with him...he's been thrown out of school suspended, detention for days in a row..the schoold actualy called children and youth services recently because of him...He was on Strattera, and it was making him angry and violent...and it is a constant fight with him..and him with his 3 siblings, I've gone through years of trying to get him treated properly and being told to go here or there, and then they saying that can't help...Ive been through it ALL! it was so bad, that no one here could take it anymore...Now I love my son more than anything, and I knew this wasn't the real him...so I was determined to find something that worked...finally I went into my doctors office crying, and telling her about the school and the children and youth service claim, and I said I don't care you Have to switch him....He's been on Adderal for almost 2 months now..and In the very first day of taking it, no one recognized him...he was a completely different child..he wasn't violent or aggressive, he made it through school, he hasn't been in detention since...the school is just totaly pleased with him now. But this has taken me years just to get him the right help and medication..,I pray you don't have to go through the same thing..I know how hard it is...If you ever need to talk, or want some advice or anything, anything at all...please don't hesitate to ask!! I wish you both the best :)
Jamie