View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 09:29 AM
MDMPanther

Originally Posted by Lori S
Are we talking about Chris Timms pattern "Twisted Bargello"?
I have done that pattern and with in the Bargello "run" of fabrics it has more than one gradation from light to dark , this gives it the extra depth and enhances to feel of movement . So ... establish on the pattern the darkest and lightest numbers and then do the gradations on each side of the dark placements , but keep the darkest and the lightest fabrics on the pattern in the same place on your color layout. I found it very helpful to put the order number on the darkest and lightest so when I started moving fabrics around I knew when I had inadvertantly moved one of the key fabrics ( darkest and lightest) out of its position.
It is a fabulous pattern you are going to love the results.
I agree with Lori if we are talking about the same pattern!! My avatar is the Twisted Bargello by CT and I used the teal for a pop of color. Once you make your first one you will come up with all kinds of ideas as to what you can do with it colorwise. I changed my colors around so much then finally got to the point of just having to dive in and LOVED the result. I would also suggest using the search tool above and put in "Twisted Bargello." You will see some stunners using the same pattern, but very different fabric choices.