View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 09:31 AM
Rosyhf

Originally Posted by belmer
Originally Posted by Rosyhf
Ohhh, these are wonderful. Tell me, is it just one piece with darts to form the shape? Or two pieces....
Thankyou Rosy,.....It is two layers of fabric each with batting!

Thanks. Ok, here we go. ...for some reason these kinda make a memory in my mind. Here is what I did. I used some paper to draft a pattern.

You will need two pieces of fabric and one piece of batting. I will sew one piece of fabric and a batting with the darts. Line it with the other fabric , that also has the darts and turn and top stitch. I made a paper pattern first and sewed in the darts to see if I could get that effect. I will then draft one for a coffee mug....this was fun. I will post in a few.....

cut a piece of paper 12x12. Fold the paper in half both sides and diagonal.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]241141[/ATTACH]

darts sewed in
[ATTACH=CONFIG]241142[/ATTACH]

ok, here are the instruction. fold the the paper in half and vertical
[ATTACH=CONFIG]241143[/ATTACH]

With the circle ruler, draw a circle three inches downn from the side. ... on each side of the fold lines mark 3/4 if an inch for the dart and mark 1 1/2 inches down., staying on the fold line as your center, this is to form the bowl. Now draw the lines from the fat part of the dart to the top and from the fat part to the dot at the point. You will mark 8 darts all around the pattern.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]241144[/ATTACH]

Here I rounded off the pattern so it won't be so clumpsy with the corners. I will post a sample to see how it works out.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]241145[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-241135.jpe   attachment-241136.jpe   attachment-241137.jpe   attachment-241138.jpe   attachment-241139.jpe