View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 10:04 AM
rainbowzebra

Originally Posted by Weenween
Originally Posted by rainbowzebra
I am working on row 18 of what will be 30 rows of blocks. Have not decided if I like the width as is or want more to hang over the side. It is 24 blocks wide and will go on my queen size bed. Picture is on double bed and I really like the drop so will probably add on to width. thanks for looking. Pat
THAT IS SEW PRETTY BUT I WAS WONDERING ARE THEY REALLY HARD TO MAKE IT LOOKS COMPLICATED TO ME.I LOVE THE PATTERN THOUGH.
Not hard, I make 2 squares, sew together, fill in the window, then make another square and so on till there are 6 squares. Then I add it to the quilt which gives me 6 windows to fill. If my math is right I will have 720 - 3inch muslin squares when done and 1338 colored windows. Some times I put it away for months at a time and other times I spend every free moment on it, just depend on my mood. Probably shouldn't have given a square count - will turn some quilters off for sure, but then you need to think about how many squares are in a 9 patch. I say if you want to make one do it, it doesn't matter if it takes you a year or 20 years, it is a beautiful quilt and worth it.