View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 11:09 AM
debbieoh

What a wonderful last night I had with my quilts. The hospice I make them for had thier Huge steak Fry . Over 500 attended. I was asked to bring them which I did. Than ws asked to show them . I'm not one to get in front of people. It was so embarrassing LOL!!.
All the veterans where asked to come forward. The oldest one was 94yr old from 101 airborn. I than resented him with the first quilt to be given. AS I did that America The Beautiful was playing,than another song but can't remember the name of who sang it. Talk about emtional not a dry eye amoung everyone. My heart was ready to break thru my chest I was so honored.I just wish I could make hundreds of these. But will make as many as I have the time, fabric and money to buy more fabric. This is so so rewarding. Everyone should think about making even just one and find a veteran to give it too. unbelieveable moment. and I hope I have hundreds of moments like this. Right now have 6 done. 3 more cut out . Which means 91 more LOL!!Need to find more star fabric and patritic panels like the eagles and I will be set. can do the sadow ones with no problem but the eagle ones seem to be everyone's favorite.