View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 01:36 PM
kellen46

Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble
Originally Posted by kellen46
I get mine in the garden supply department. They are spandex with latex palms and fingers. They fit really tight, unlike the machingers which I did not like at all. I pay a couple of dollars a pair. I find the latex palms and fingers really grip the fabric. I just finished stitch in the ditch on ten quilts and the tight fit of the glove really helped with keeping my hands from aching too much.
They must be good if you just accomplished the Herculean feat of finishing ten quilts in a row!
Well only five were full size. The rest were lap or crib size and it was only stitch in the ditch. I have a habit of just sewing tops and then realize I have a big stack to finish. I bought a Brother 1500s which has a big motor and a large harp to make the process easier. You would be surprised how much that extra 2 inches makes. Also it has an automatic thread cutter which also helped the process. I just get it all set up and put the pedal to the metal. I can do one full size in a day or two crib size. Now I have a stack of quilts that need binding....Oye!
Would you believe I have six more tops in a box with backs and batting waiting to be basted. I will take a break though and finish the ten before starting them. One is a king size so it will be a big project.