Thread: Hi :)
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 03:42 PM
Rosie the "Ripper"

Originally Posted by Justcurious
Hi I'm justcurious and I am just curious about what quilters do like, for quilting retreats. :)
First, welcome from St. Louis!
I've been on one retreat and am going on another one in Oct. It was great! The guild I belong to has one every year. We meet at a resort. For three days we can sign up for different classes taught by guild members. They can last a half day or a whole day. We have a well known speaker who shows her quilts (last year she had over 100). She also designed for fabric co's and magazines. We have contests (make a quilted article of clothing and wear it to dinner). There's always a "challenge quilt" if you want to make one and bring it along. Last year it was "all polka dots and rail fence" design. Variety was amazing. We eat all our meals together, have show and tell one evening, shop venders set up in hotel rooms, meet new people, and just have alot of fun.The activities go on day and night. You can participate as much as you want. They also have a room where you can go and just sew. At the end everyone shows what they made in the classes they took.
If you get a chance to go to one, by all means, don't miss it!

By the way, my avitar is the quilt I made last year (all polka dots and rail fence), hand quilted, and I got 3rd. place!