Old 06-08-2009, 04:59 PM
pittsburgpam

Originally Posted by pennyswings
Very pretty! I love your choice of material for the border. This is my kind of quilt. The pattern and the colors are dynomite!
I have been wanting to do one of these. How big are your blocks? That was just one jelly roll plus the material for the borders??Who is the author of the book Jelly Roll Quilts? I looked on Amazon and they have several authors.
Just wondering so I can decide whether to buy one or two jelly rolls. I am itching to do a log cabin block made from jelly rolls.
Hope I did not ask too many questions.
The blocks are 8 1/2" and 4 of them make up one larger block/section. Yes, it's just one jelly roll. The pattern had only 3 x 3 sections and then said you could use the off-cuts for a pieced border insert. After I cut the all the necessary pieces there was so much left over that I was able to get another row of sections out of it. Just barely though. Don't "waste" any length on the stips more than you have to for selvedges and it's possible.

The book is by Pam & Nicky Lintott and the title is Jelly Roll Quilts.

Making a log cabin with jelly rolls is so easy!! I did one using these directions. http://www.bighornquilts.com/inspira.../logcabin.html