Old 08-13-2011, 06:35 PM
Kristin in ME

This morning I got up and started in on my morning routine. As I was just getting ready to start breakfast, my 9-yr-old daughter told me to go back to bed for a nap. When I told her I needed to get breakfast, my husband came along to back her up- apparantly my daughter had decided that I needed a break, and they'd been planning for a couple of weeks to give me a second Mother's Day! Well, it's not often that I get ordered to go do nothing so, rather than a nap, I headed off to my bedroom to do some quilting! I love what a peaceful place my bedroom is, but it never occurred to me that quilting there would be so relaxing! So I settled in on the bed and spent an hour and a half quilting away, and enjoying the fresh air and neighborhood noises through the open window, while my husband and kiddos prepared a nice breakfast.

Later on, we all made a trip to Marden's (here in Maine). It was my first time buying fabric there and everyone was right, it was worth it! $4 a yard, and FQs for 75 cents! We'd given our daughter money for fabric for her birthday and she has a doll quilt planned so today we bought the fabric for it. She did a great job choosing her fabric- pinks and blacks- and made out like a bandit, with change to spare! (I may have made a bit of a purchase myself! ;) )

We haven't had a lot of fun days off together this summer, and I especially enjoyed this one; just wanted to share it! And you can bet I'll be posting a photo when my little girl has a quilt put together! :)