Old 08-13-2011, 06:47 PM
arimuse

Originally Posted by mjsylvstr
Well, it looks as though I am the only one who has repeated going on the Carnival. I have booked each and every cruise with the same rep and I really have not been disappointed.......

I don't let someone else's kids bother me.......they are not mine so I can just ignore them and go about my cruising......
If they do eventually annoy me, the ship is large enough to find another area to enjoy away from them.......

I am going on my 17th cruise in February..and having the advantage of VIP embarkment and disembarkment makes for a pleasant time.....

My advice is to enjoy one's self and not worry about someone else's kids..........

those three that took someone's scooter should have been reported and I am sure that they would have been dealt with accordingly...rather that just watch them perform their meanness and get away with it.

With all that said, I wish you all happy cruising wherever you go and on whichever ship you choose.
we've done 3 carnival cruises, I loved them all, and I really dont drink, and never gamble, and I really dislike most kids! (most people w/ kids think theirs are perfect and all the rest on the planet are mutant devildogs! not so! theyre all pretty uniformly have issues). If people have the cash they drag their kids along - never could figure out why, cruises are patently an adult venue.

The food is spectacular, the shows are very good, the staff is very friendly (just walk up and talk to anyone, they will talk w/ you). I'd have high tea every afternoon at sea, and one area had a nice piano lounge. I love to read and they had a nice library I'd spend time in. They had a comedy club at night. I didnt sit by the pool ever(I have my own and like it to myself), never spent time where the kids ate (mostly hamburgers and fries outside by the pool). if you like to be involved the crew will get you into their stage shows - very funny.

You have to pick where youd like to go - I love very warm temps and lots of ocean all around, so we go south. You can ask for adult only or adult oriented cruises if you dont want a lot of kids around (unless you like kids underfoot do not go on a disney cruise!! all kids all the time). if you dont like lots of people around go on a smaller cruise line that caters to small groups. I saw somewhere there was going to be a quilting cruise this fall or winter. That would basically be most people aboard would be quilters and they would have activities/ classes etc geared to quilters.

I just want to go and be pampered - no cooking, special foods every day I've always wanted to taste but will never cook, no picking up after people, they do it all, no having to do anything, surrounded by water, watch the sunset every nite, watch the sun rise, talk to people from all over the world. laugh alot!

we dont use a rep to book, (but if you've never been on a ship) it ppbly would be to your advantage to talk with one, they can give you options and ideas taylored just for you. you will have a great time no matter what line you pick - its a nice change from day to day routine