View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 07:29 PM
zoeytoo

Originally Posted by Lucio
Originally Posted by grann of 6
Mine is 50% but I wouldn't know what to buy. I already have 2 cases of batting I got for 50% off from Fabric Depot with free shipping. I never see anything worth buying at Joanns any more. Their fabric has taken a quality dip, and I have all the cutting mats, rulers and templates a guy could ever want.
I have purchased my last piece of fabric from Joanne's!! I went in to purchase Comfy flannel to make light weight flannel receiving blankets without batting. The perfect weight for our s. Cal summers. The fabric looked threadbare and see-thru! When I pointed this out to the clerk, she said" if you don't like it you can go to a quilt shop and pay three times as much". I answered,"I doubt it would be $18 dollars but it would last 3 times as long
and I wouldn't be ashamed to give it as a gift".

Some of the employees at Joann's are nice, like the girl who helped me find beads and one who helped me find yarn to make toys but some are not so nice. I said this elsewhere but I still am annoyed. I spent $45 and could have gotten a $10 gift card if I spent $50 but the register girl didn't tell me. I spent $50+ the next day and got the $10 card so I asked the manager why the girl the day before didn't tell me and she said they don't want to pressure people to spend more??!! she had a "who cares attitude. So instead of buying the $30 book I was going to buy I spent about $10 using the gift card and will shop elsewhere unless I can't get what I want elsewhere for a year. That's what I do when stores managers are not nice. Michael's and AC Moore accept
competitors' coupons I think.