View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 04:17 AM
Elsie

Originally Posted by ckcowl
when i was a little girl (in the early 60's) my grandmother would give me these little blocks stamped for embroidery- i worked on them off & on for years- and forgot about them -
then after my grandmother passed away in the early 90's one of my aunt's came across a box in her house with those blocks in it- without knowing i was the one who had embroidered them she sent the box to me---knowing i was the only one quilting- i was floored when i opened that box! there were about 9 blocks in the box still not done- i did the same time grandma had done- i started giving them to my granddaugter-when she wanted to sew something- a couple years ago all the blocks were done- and i put a quilt top together---
then a couple months ago i came across it again- and thought---i really need to finish this up (and give it to granddaughter)
so---dumby me--- i loaded it up and started quilting it---and at about 1/4 of the way down---ran out of thread-- unloaded it and again put it aside--and was really really stupid about the thread choice in the first place---i really thought i had another cone---but now i have not been able to match the thread color - so i'm not sure what i will do- i really don't want to take out what i've done- some day i will finish that quilt that was started 50 years ago---someday...
hope you do finished it like too see it when you do well i am going to work on all my ufo's i got in quilting this winter be perfect and hope you all finished yours i got about 5 to get done maybe get at lease 3 done happy quilting love to hear more