Old 08-14-2011, 05:43 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Glenn
Oh, and Miriam is the Dr sure it in not poison ivy? I'd still bet that is the culprit! My horses eat our poison oak, but if they eat too much they get burned lips! I actually had to go out and pull the stuff up by the roots to get rid of ours. It was everywhere! Luckily some people are not as sensitive to the stuff as others are. I have always heard that poison ivy is much worse than poison oak. I'd get the goats! Once the stuff is gone, you can always replant your yard!

Nancy

Poison Ivy is really bad stuff. When I was 6 my uncle burned a field of the ivy and the smoke got into my lungs. Well I was in the hosptal for two weeks. but now I am not allergic to or sensitve to poison ivy or oak. I can go pull it all day and nothing.
Glenn that is exactly what happened to me. I had breathed it in as a child when my dad burned a bunch of it, had a head that looked more like a balloon, then I got it really bad one more time when Mariah, my mare, decided to dump me in the middle of a poison oak patch. I spent a week in the hospital, after having 8 screws put in my leg do to a fractured femur, covered with poison oak! Now I just go pull the stuff and I might get it if I scratch myself, otherwise I do't get it any more.

Nancy