Old 08-14-2011, 06:48 AM
Rachelcb80

Originally Posted by MTS
Stepping in the middle for a sec.

I think Holice was replying to Hinterland's post, not your op.

All is good. Continue as you were. ;-)
Oh, gotcha. Probably still not a real necessary post since Hinterland mention she tried several times to fix it. Continuing as I was though. ;)

Update on my bleeding;

Since my front load washer and it's small amount of water was probably partially to blame, I used my oversized jacuzzi tub to do a few washes in. I filled it up with the hottest water I could and added more Synthrapol than was probably necessary. I threw a box of color catchers in and swished the quilt around for about 10 minutes. I can't tell you how bright pink that water was. I drained that water and added more hot water with more Synthrapol. This time the water stayed clear so I drained and rinsed with warm water. I transferred the quilt to my front load and did a rinse/spin cycle. Laid it out, blocked it and it's dry and ready to go this morning.

It looks to me as if all the bleeding came out. There are pink areas here and there but the light fabric is a mottled white and pink with a blue marble vein running through it. So I guess if I can't tell what is mottle and what might still be a little bit of bleeding then the judge certainly won't know, right? ;)

Okay, comparison pics;

Before
[ATTACH=CONFIG]241598[/ATTACH]

After
[ATTACH=CONFIG]241599[/ATTACH]

Before
[ATTACH=CONFIG]241600[/ATTACH]

After
[ATTACH=CONFIG]241601[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-241592.jpe   attachment-241593.jpe   attachment-241594.jpe   attachment-241595.jpe