Old 08-14-2011, 09:01 AM
quilt crazee

Originally Posted by dottiej
THANK YOU FOR REPLY...
Its about 36" by 38"..Do you know if anyone on this board has ever framed a quilt..I did a search on hiding the back and found nothing...I am new to this board it is great..Im from Michigan..Dottiej
I was the frameshop mgr @ a MICHAEL'S for 8yrs. I framed lots of things including sm quilts & quilt blocks.It can be very expensive(labor intense). here's a few pointers: Do you want glass? just like cross stitch, it needs to breathe. If you want glass, be sure it doesn't lay on your quilt. This can be accomplished by any/or combination of the following shadowboxing, spacers, at least a double acid free mat. . make sure your frame is deep enough. If I was doing it, I would take 1 stitch, about every hand width, tie it off. some perfer to do a continuous stitch. you would be stitching this to acid free matboard. then finish by attaching that to acid free foamboard(double sided tape). any frame shop should be able to sell you acid free products- you'll be in oversize 40x60(reg matboard is 32x40) so be prepared for sticker shock! Many stores sell sectionals, that might work for you, as your size is NOT standard. REMEMBER to use ACID-FREE products, it's very important!