Old 08-14-2011, 09:58 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by miriam
I can not imagine having all the broken bones on top of this mess. Ouch. I do have a broken toe but that's nothing.

It seems like it could be anything. Pillow? I'm throwing contaminated clothes out at this point. I'm wondering about the seat belt in my car. Sheets? mattress pad? quilt? Fels Natha soap & vinegar rinse followed by the sanitize cycle on the washing machine may do some good.

We no longer have to drive home from there before washing & changing clothes. (see blog below) I broke out again last night - under arms... this is just sssssooooooo gross. The Fels Naptha soap seems to do wonders followed by vinegar rinse. Itching is not optional.
Well, the nurses thought it was pretty funny. I was so busy trying to scratch all the time that I didn't have much time to complain about anything else!

I wouldn't toss your clothes out, just wash them. As soon as you wash the oils off, the clothes are no longer contaminated. Just use some good soap and warm water. I have never had a problem giving poison oak to anyone around here once I washed the contaminated clothes. Just be very careful when you are getting out of them! You have to turn them inside out and work your way out without touching any part of the clothes that came in contact with the poison ivy! Yes, if you have it on your hands, it will be on the steering wheel, tools, your shoes, whatever. Set the tools out in the sun so the sun can bake the oil, or better yet use some handcleaner on the tools!

Nancy