View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 04:51 PM
sewmuch2luv

I just want to say "Thank you" for all the wonderful and encouraging comments I received on my post about my first ever quilt! I really wasn't expecting that at all :D In the past 7 years we have been blessed with 4 grandsons and it was such a lovely surprise to have 2 little granddaughters born just 7 weeks apart this summer! (I'm sooooo loving the pink!) My daughter knew I always wanted to try my hand at quilting and asked me to make one for Evie. And then my daughter in law asked me to make one for Sofia too. So while I was working on the hand quilting of Evie's quilt, I started on the quilt top for Sofia. This time around I decided to give appliques a try. Yesterday I finished the final stitches in Sofia's quilt and gave it to her at church today! Can you believe that I've already started cutting the fabric for a lap quilt I want to make for my Mom's 75th birthday in October? Yea....I guess you can see that I am in this whole quilting thing pretty deep :)

The fabric is from Riley Blake's Sugar and Spice collection plus a few extras I used to co-ordinate.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]241918[/ATTACH]

These are the 4 flower appliques on the front of the quilt. The largest flower is stitched in red.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]241919[/ATTACH]

I made a template from one of the flowers in the fabric and used it to handquilt every other square.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]241924[/ATTACH]

Because I had 9 rows across and 9 rows down, it worked out to have one quilted flower in each corner.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]241925[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-241912.jpe   attachment-241913.jpe   attachment-241914.jpe   attachment-241918.jpe   attachment-241919.jpe