View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 07:24 PM
spartan quilter

First, let me say thanks to anyone who responds to my question.

We recently had a mishap with a tree crashing onto the roof of an addition on our house. This addition had my office/sewing room and also a family room. We got everything moved out of both rooms, and are waiting for insurance and contractors to fix up the mess.

So, when I look at this empty family room, which has been a catch all for whatever for a couple of years, and now it is standing empty, I realize just how much room is in it. It is 12x20. So, now, I am making plans to move my sewing area into this room, making it possible to TRY to get it all in one room, instead of scattered all over.

My DH needs to do some wiring for the lights where I plan on putting the sewing and cutting areas, and I was wondering just what any of you would recommend. I am going to use the search engine here on remodeled rooms to see if I can figure out what others have used. So, between that and replies, I hope to get a good idea of what works for others.

I am telling myself not to expect this done soon, and so this is a Christmas present to myself. I hope to be in there by that time.

Again, I say thanks to anyone who can give me any advice on this subject.