Old 08-15-2011, 04:18 AM
mcar

As you study the work of any artist you will note that they return to an idea-rendition- to perfect it. Years ago at the National Gallery of Art there was an exhibit that demonstrated this method. It would be called growing, focus, thinking about the piece, thinking again what might be better. They really build in their own method of developing a "show piece". Some artists keep a painting around for years adjusting it. I for one an working on color theory. I just have to pound it in to my head by informed practice. One day I may be set free with this knowledge. I saw a quilt brought into my local shop that blew my mind it was so creative...however, I do believe that this was not the first time the quilter used the pattern, but this time she had her own brilliant inventive color concept added to a traditional block along with excellent quilting skill. My reaction to her was not to let it out of her sight-it was enviable.
A lot of the quilts on display are intimidating. I resolve to be happy developing my skills and enjoying the feel of my quilt when I wake up in the morning.....hate to get up out of the coziness. But I do. I feel my growth in quilting and am so pleased to feel the growth. That is my happiness.