Old 08-15-2011, 06:01 AM
sarahrachel

I started my new part time job on saturday at the local thrift store. well I was being trained by a 17 year old girl who is pregnant and due in 2 weeks I think. Either today is her last day or next monday. I'm pretty sure she said next week, but I want to be on the safe side. As soon as I found out she was leaving, she's going to be homeschooled, I immediately felt in my heart that I needed to make her a quilt and as there was a baby quilt I wanted to make, her baby boy is going to get it. But I'm stuck on the borders as it's such a busy bright quilt and I'm not as thrilled at the color choices I made at 11 Saturday night. And I also found while sewing that the pattern was wrong and I didn't have enough fabric left to recut so some of the squares are a little off.

Question 1: do you like the border fabric or should I keep looking?

Question 2: how do I do mitered borders?

the top with the fabric I want to use for the border and backing. Sorry bout the pic quality, it's dreary and the lighting isn't that great
[ATTACH=CONFIG]242119[/ATTACH]

I want to do it like a mock piano key border and you can see my funky pink/blue/green print
[ATTACH=CONFIG]242120[/ATTACH]

a better pic of the border/backing fabric
[ATTACH=CONFIG]242121[/ATTACH]

for those who said the stripes are too busy, is this better? it has a purplish pink tint to it in some places much like my funky fabric
[ATTACH=CONFIG]242137[/ATTACH]

from a bit farther away, it looks more like the blue in the funky print. I may still use the stripes on the back though as it's a tad thicker and this is a on the floor play quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]242138[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-242113.jpe   attachment-242114.jpe   attachment-242115.jpe   attachment-242131.jpe   attachment-242132.jpe