View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Lisa T

This is going to be a gift for one of DH's friends. He has a tattoo of the fish- or something similar. I simplified it a bit.

I drew the center out, but somehow cacked things up a bit somewhere along the line. I figured I needed 100 squares for the center square spiral, but I only used 90. (It doesn't HAVE to be square, but that's how I had planned it.) So I will leave it up on the design wall a bit and kind of mull it over.

I figured I would throw it out here for you guys to mull over, too. Any suggestions?

The fish are way huge- I will trim them down and border them with the black and white fabric shown on the sides. The fqs in the corners will be pieced into some sort of a setting block, probably a wonky log cabin.

I have been working on this a while and he is getting anxious for it. He mentioned keeping it in his fishing boat, but I will put the kibosh to that plan when I give it to him. LOL! (He better take good care of it!)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-27591.jpe   attachment-27614.jpe   attachment-27832.jpe