Old 08-15-2011, 07:13 AM
BuzzinBumble

Originally Posted by nhweaver
Ow, fractured the bone!!! I go see my doc today for antibiotics and advise. the poor amish lady,
DH and I have both been Yipe!Yipe!Yipe-ing! upon reading everyone's descriptions. I forced myself to read them all, so the cautionary tales stay wedged in the ol' noodle.

nh- That was about the worst version of a sew through that could happen!

I did sew through just the corner of my right pointer finger and fingernail once. Was able to take care of the injury at home and luckily it did not get infected. It does help ease the pain to keep that hand elevated above the level of your heart.

I am now especially nervous about learning to FMQ because of this, even with a Big Foot attached! It seems much more risky than sewing with the presser foot attached and feed dogs moving the fabric instead of your hands.

I also once cut the tip of that same poor finger right off with my rotary cutter. Again I foolishly did not go to a doctor, but took care of the finger at home. Looking back I think 'What kind of a nut does that?!" The amazing thing is that my finger tip grew back to its original shape... which made me feel like a gecko. :P