Old 08-15-2011, 08:25 AM
IAmCatOwned

Are you trying to do a charm quilt?

I have been collecting 2 inch squares and strips since I started quilting in the early 90s. All taken from cutting down scraps. I decided on a pattern and then use it as a leader/ender project. I'm sure there are THOUSANDS of little 2 inch squares. As a leader/ender project, I get 50-100 squares sewn together per project. Now and then, I sew them together into the blocks until done. Then go back to leader/ender. After 2 years, the quilt is about half done. I had a big slow down on projects in the last year do to issues, but still, that's quite a bit done. I'm running low on the precut dark 2 inch squares, so gotta get cutting those strips again.

Give yourself a break. If you are not enjoying the process, you'll never finish the quilt and it will just become another UFO. Maybe work on it once a week. Establish postage stamp day to work on it and work other projects the rest of the week.

All that said, I am also working on a postage stamp quilt with 1.5 inch squares, just to prove to myself I can do it. While a lot of it will be from strips, I have thousands of already cut 1.5 inch squares, again, from cutting up scraps. Also a leader/ender project. I'm doing a fake log cabin like Bonnie Hunter's Pokieman (sp?) Dreams, but as a lap quilt.