View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 10:38 AM
sarahrachel

I hate doing borders so I have posted pics asking for help with them for this quilt with the top. Well, I just finished it and threw it in the wash, hopefully it will be dry in time, if not, she'll just get it not wrapped if today is her last day.

For those who haven't read the border post, I started a part time job on Saturday. The girl, 17, is 9 months pregnant an due in 2 weeks, so either today or next Monday is her last day. I'm her replacement and she was training me. As soon as I found out that I was replacing her, my heart told my head to make her a quilt.

So Saturday night I picked out the fabric (all except the borders) and started sewing yesterday. I had to iron some pieces and sew them together this morning as well as figure out the dang borders and quilt it. So looking at the top all put together, I didn't really like it, but now with borders and quilted, I like it a lot.

You can see my quilting job isn't that great, but that's what happens when you rush.

front of the quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]242282[/ATTACH]

my mitered corners (first time!) and the puffyness as that was the only batting I had
[ATTACH=CONFIG]242283[/ATTACH]

the tag. normally embroidered by hand, but no time so it's a little crooked
[ATTACH=CONFIG]242284[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-242276.jpe   attachment-242277.jpe   attachment-242278.jpe