View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 05:09 PM
tlrnhi

Originally Posted by Debra Mc
What a totally cool place to live. Are you getting transferred out soon? I know the military is like Methodist preachers never anywhere long. Do wild orchids grow everywhere & anthuriums. I love both. Guess you do get tired of the humidity. You should live in Texas, it will kill you sometimes. Going to San Antonio tomorrow for a few days & it is really hot there. Gulf Coast at least has a constant breeze. Here in East Texas it can be dead still for days & then wind blow like crazy. Hurricane season is here so we don't know what to expect. Enjoy your time left as you may never get there again.
We should be leaving here around March of next year. I hope and pray really hard that we do!
I'm sure there are orchids and anthuriums that may grow wild, but I'm not one that is really going into the jungle here to find out. There are snakes and wild pigs here that I really don't want to meet up with, even tho they say the pigs will run the other way.
I'm tired of islands, period! It's always hot, hot, hot here and I'm wanting change, change, change.
As to enjoy my time I have left here? Yes, I will, but coming back again....NEVER, unless there are pieces of paper with hubby name on it that says we have to come back.

It's drizzly today, so not a good day to get to the beach. Maybe it will clear up later on in the afternoon...hope so!