View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 11:13 AM
mamagee

I really like the clear plastic containers for a lot of my quilting supplies. However, I purchased photo boxes (acid free)--and buy them only when they are on sale--and put my jelly roll strips and pieces that I have left over from a project (or ones I cut randomly from discarded clothes) in them. Each box is labeled on the front end with the size of the piece/block or strip inside. They are stacked on shelves above my computer desk so that I can see at a glance what is inside each box. Of course, I do have to open the box to see what the colors are. But it makes it easy for me or my granddaughter to select the size we want for a project. My 8 year old granddaughter has caught the quilting craze and is now working on her first full size quilt for her Mom for Christmas. She had begun hand-piecing a nine-patch but has decided she has to learn to use my Singer Featherweight in order to finish before Christmas. She crochets, knits, and does cross-stitch but since quilting has taken over my living room, dining room and a bedroom, she decided that has to become her "specialty" too.