View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 11:35 AM
mamagee

Well, no matter how big my stash I is, I wish mine WOULD grow! The fabric fairy has my permission and my invitation to visit here anytime she wants!!!

No matter what I'm working on at the moment--when I go to my stash, there is NEVER the right piece of material to complete it. And, of course, I'm always searching in the middle of the night so I can't go out and buy what I need.

I have to admit, though, that much of my stash consists of Christmas prints and children's prints that I collected while I was still working and had a new grandbaby on the way. Oh, how I wish I had had the foresight to purchase complementary solids or blends at the same time. Now that I have retired and the grandbabies and great grandbabies are coming along at an increasing rate I find myself needing lots more material than I have or can afford to go out and buy. Oh well--I just have to be more creative and find ways to use what I do have until my next splurging visit to the fabric store. Can't go too often--it's a 2-hour trip and I don't seem to have much self-control when I get there.